Special Topics Discussion Group
Purpose and Origins
- To provide a forum for thematic and geographical Western European topics not covered by other WESS discussion groups.
- Established in 1997, this discussion group has an annually elected chair.
- WESS Special Topics Discussion Group was founded during the 1997 ALA Midwinter Meeting, and has met during each subsequent ALA Annual Conference. The charge of Special Topics is to provide a forum for thematic and geographical Western European topics not covered by other WESS discussion groups. Each annual meeting of WESS Special Topics, therefore, has been devoted to a different topic not previously emphasized by WESS.
- Chair: Aedin Clements, Notre Dame Univ.(Midwinter); Gordon Anderson, Univ. of MN (Annual)
- E-mail: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
Meeting Schedules and Agendas
- Past Programs:
- Irish Studies (Midwinter 2011)
- European-Language e-books and North American Libraries (Annual 2010)
- Mediterranean Studies (Midwinter 2010)
- Roma and Sinti in Europe--bis (2003)
- Indexes and Guides to Western European Periodicals in the Humanities and Social Sciences (2002)
- "Roma and Sinti in Europe" (2001)
- "European Languages of North America" (2000)
- Luxembourg (1999)
- "A European Union of East and West" (1998)
- "Greece and the Greek-Speaking World" (1997)
Copyright © 1996-2011 by the American Library Association. This document may be reproduced or reprinted for educational, non-commercial use, in whole or in part, without permission as long as the above copyright statement and source are clearly acknowledged. Neither this document nor any reproductions may be sold.