Social Sciences and History Discussion Group
Meeting Schedules and Agendas
Purpose and Origins
- To provide a discussion and information-sharing forum for librarians with interests in Western European history and the social sciences.
- Established in 1997, this discussion group has an annually-elected chair and secretary/chair-elect.
- The first meeting of the SSH group was at the mid-winter meeting of ALA in New Orleans on January 11, 1998. WESS members in attendance were: Frances Ott Allen (Univ. of Cincinnati), Gordon Anderson (Univ. of Kansas), Nancy Boerner (Indiana Univ.), Sam Dunlap, (Univ. of California, San Diego), Heleni Pedersoli (Univ. of Maryland), Susanne Roberts (Yale Univ.), and Deborah Wassertzug (Univ. Michigan).
Current and Past Leadership
- The 2010-2011 Chair is Chellammal Vaidyanathan (Johns Hopkins University)
- The 2009-2010 Chair was Kate Brooks (University of Minnesota)
- The 2008-2009 Chair was Thea Lindquist (University of Colorado at Boulder)
- The 2006-2008 Chair was Gordon Anderson (University of Minnesota)
- The 2005-2006 Chair was Louis Reith (Georgetown University)
- The 2004-2005 Chair was David Duncan (Wichita State University)
- The 2003-2004 Chair was David Lincove (Ohio State University)
- The 2002-2003 Chair was Rebecca Malek-Wiley (Tulane University)
- The 2001-2002 Chair was David Duncan (Wichita State University)
- The 2000-2001 Chair was Ceres Birkhead (University of Utah)
- The 1999-2000 Chair was Ann Snoeyenbos (New York University)
- The 1997-1998 Chair was Sam Dunlap (UC-San Diego)
Electronic Discussion Group
Copyright © 1996-2011 by the American Library Association. This document may be reproduced or reprinted for educational, non-commercial use, in whole or in part, without permission as long as the above copyright statement and source are clearly acknowledged. Neither this document nor any reproductions may be sold.