The Social Sciences & History Web is designed to provide access to scholarly resources in selected subject and geographic areas within the field of Western European Studies. We do not strive for exhaustiveness but rather for quality. The resources organized here have undergone a selection and evaluation process. If needed, annotations have been provided augmenting the research value of these resources to scholars.
Romani Studies Links
Romani Studies Portals
- Gypsy Collections at the University of Liverpool; comprehensive site.
- Links by O Vurdón; provides links in Romani, English, Italian, Spanish, and Portuguese.
- Open Directory Project
- Patrin Web Journal; this comprehensive site contains information on Romani Culture & Museums, Customs & Traditions, History, Organizations, and more.
- Roma in the Czech Republic
- Roma Links; from the Open Society Institute, Hungary (Part of the George Soros foundation network).
- Romani Issues in Slovakia (Slovak Republic)
- Romany Studies at the Central European University
- Romani Studies at the University of Greenwich
- Unión Romaní
- University of Manchester's Romani Project
- Harvard University Library
- Robert Dawson Romany Collection (At the Rural History Centre, University of Reading)
- Romany collection (Brotherton Collection) at the University of Leeds
- University of Liverpool Special Collections
- US Holocaust Memorial Museum Library
Institutes, Societies, and Organizations
- Asociación "La Majarí" (Spain)
- Associazione "Thèm Romanó" (Italy)
- CREA: Gypsy Studies Center (Spain)
- Cultures Tsiganes (France)
- George Borrow Society: promotes knowledge of the life and works of George Borrow (1803-1881) (Great Britain)
- Gypsy Lore Society (Great Britain)
- Pavee Point (Ireland)
- Regional Centre for Romani Issues (Slovak Republic)
- Roma Community and Advocacy Centre (Canada)
- Language Resources
- Romani Glossary
- Romani Grammars; links from yourDictionary.com
- yourDictionary.com; links to other Romani dictionaries.
Newspapers and Periodicals
- Balval, bibliography of French resources
- Bibliography by 'O Vurdón'
- Bibliography of Spanish Resources
- Limited bibliography from the Roma Education Page at the Open Society Institute (OSI)
- Pavee Point (Irish Travellers) Bibliography
- Roma and forced migration:
- Academic Studies on the Roma in Eastern Europe
- Core collection on "Understanding Roma"
- General Bibliographies about Roma
- Miscellaneous: Memoirs, Biographies, General Information, Nonfiction, and Fiction
- Roma and the Holocaust
- Roma in Albania
- Roma in Austria and Switzerland
- Roma in Bulgaria
- Roma in the Balkans
- Roma in the Czech Republic and Slovakia
- Roma in France
- Roma in Germany
- Roma in Great Britain
- Roma in Hungary
- Roma in India and the Middle East
- Roma in North and South America
- Roma in the Ottoman Empire
- Roma in Poland
- Roma in Romania
- Roma in Russia and the Former Soviet Union
- Roma in Scandinavia and the Netherlands
- Roma in Spain and Portugal
- Roma in the Former Yugoslavia
- Texts Containing General Information about the Roma
- US Holocaust Memorial Museum Bibliographies
Full Text Resources
- Photographic exhibit and article by Jason Orton: Challenging Segregation at the Open Society Institute.
Background & History
The editor for the Social Sciences & History Web is Gordon Anderson
( University of Minnesota). We welcome contributors.
Comments and further suggestions may be sent to:
ganderso @ umn.edu".
The Social Sciences & History Web is one part of the [Western European Studies Section Web] of resources for Western European studies.
These web pages do not necessarily represent the views of the participatinglibraries nor of their sponsoring institutions.