Recruitment Committee Meetings- 2009 Annual Agenda
ALA Annual Meeting 2009
WHEN: Saturday, July 11, 2009 8-10 a.m.
WHERE: Chicago, IL; PALM Sandburg 5 (double check schedule for changes)
Chair: Elisabeth Pankl email@example.com for George I. Paganelis (absent)
- Introductions (need volunteer to take minutes) -- 5 min.
- Announcements -- 5 min.
- Recruitment Committee Web site (wiki) on WESSWeb: http://wessweb.info/index.php/Academic_Librarianship_%26_Foreign_Languages_Recruitment_Page -- 15 min.
- Job Shadowing Program -- 15 min.
- Liaising with other scholarly groups and ALA units -- 15 min.
- Personal/local recruitment efforts -- 15 min.
- Recruitment promotional video -- 20 min.
- ACRL funding of two WESS members to present on recruitment at learned society meetings -- 10 min.
- New/other business -- 10 min.
- Action items/tasks by Midwinter 2010 -- 10 min.
This site is an outreach project of the Western European Studies Section (WESS), a section within the Association of College and Research Libraries, itself a division of the American Library Association.
Brought to you by the WESS Recruitment to the Profession Committee
©2019 by the American Library Association. This document may be reproduced or reprinted for educational, non-commercial use, in whole or in part, without permission as long as the above copyright statement and source are clearly acknowledged. Neither this document nor any reproductions may be sold.
URL of this Web page: http://wessweb.info/index.php/Recruitment_Committee_Meetings-_2009_Annual_Agenda