Recruitment Committee Meetings- 2007 Midwinter Agenda
Agenda for Virtual Mid-Winter Meeting, Jan. 8-12, 2007
1. WESS Recruitment Website: http://www.columbia.edu/~klg19/WESS/
- Progress on cross-linking with ALA and ACRL’s recruitment pages
- Progress with updating (committee info, George’s handouts to toolkits, Jerry’s article, Portal article)
- Updating job listings?
- Editing and hosting issues
- Number of visitors / info about who is linking to us
- Changes needed to the website?.
2. Online survey (see attached foreignlanguagesurveydraftfinal)
- Discussion of draft
- Surveying mechanism (Survey monkey?)
- Soliciting responses (listservs —which ones?)
- Tallying/reporting responses
3. Liaising with learned or professional associations
- What has everyone done?
- Feedback/response from associations.
4. Liaising with other ALA and librarian organizations
5. Job Shadowing (from George, see attached jobshadowingproposal)
6. Other recruitment activities
7. Wrap Up
This site is an outreach project of the Western European Studies Section (WESS), a section within the Association of College and Research Libraries, itself a division of the American Library Association.
Brought to you by the WESS Recruitment to the Profession Committee
©2019 by the American Library Association. This document may be reproduced or reprinted for educational, non-commercial use, in whole or in part, without permission as long as the above copyright statement and source are clearly acknowledged. Neither this document nor any reproductions may be sold.
URL of this Web page: http://wessweb.info/index.php/Recruitment_Committee_Meetings-_2007_Midwinter_Agenda