Recruitment Committee Meetings- 2006 Annual Agenda
ALA Annual Meeting, New Orleans
- Chair for 2006-07
- Membership turnover
- Introduce/welcome incoming members
Progress reports from working groups:
- Distribution of news release to relevant learned societies in the humanities and social sciences (FRED).
- Get as many relevant organizations and groups, both library and scholarly, as possible to link to the committee’s web site (DALE, KAREN, and TODD).
- Gather data about retirements, turnover, and a perceived lack of entry-level jobs in academic libraries; prepare a summary of findings for the committee’s Web site (CHARLENE, ROBERT, LAURA DALE, and BRIAN).
- Research and compile a list of other library organizations and learned societies with which the committee might begin collaborating (JERRY, KAREN, and LAURA DALE).
Discuss and plan activities for the rest of 2006:
- Other ways to publicize our activities and website?
- Approach subject-specific centers and institutes to link to our site (e.g., Medieval Institute, Center for Hellenic Studies, etc.)?
Hold another virtual meeting for Midwinter? Could that meeting format be improved in any way(s)?
Announcements and general discussion, especially of (your) recruitment efforts not directly linked to the committee’s activities.
This site is an outreach project of the Western European Studies Section (WESS), a section within the Association of College and Research Libraries, itself a division of the American Library Association.
Brought to you by the WESS Recruitment to the Profession Committee
©2019 by the American Library Association. This document may be reproduced or reprinted for educational, non-commercial use, in whole or in part, without permission as long as the above copyright statement and source are clearly acknowledged. Neither this document nor any reproductions may be sold.
URL of this Web page: http://wessweb.info/index.php/Recruitment_Committee_Meetings-_2006_Annual_Agenda