Membership Committee Minutes - 2013 Midwinter
WESS Membership Committee
- 2013 ALA Midwinter Conference
- Virtual meeting
- Numbers are close to 400, what can we do to support and recruit new members?
- Get to know WESS sessions before happy hour, social, and annual conference program
- Promotional materials
- Flier - "WESS Can help you..."
- Update new member page on the wiki
ACRL Survey of membership
Midwinter social 2013
- What can be better for next year?
- promote social to new members directly
- Notes on this location for future conferences
- recommended, worked well
Social for Chicago
- Cruise: vendors interested in supporting specifically the cruise, we'll proceed to plan cruise
- To accomodate members unable to attend a cruise, we'll also plan for an informal happy hour gathering
- Would it be a good idea to plan a happy hour for ACRL in Indianapolis?
Buddy and mentoring programs
- "Conference mentoring"--pair a new member attending conference with an experienced WESS member
- Invite most recent 2 years of new members to events in addition to our usual event promotion
- Reminder: be sure to send messages to mentoring program assignments, we report these statistics to ACRL
- Everyone: Send mentoring program messages
- Everyone: Send Blake possible happy hour locations in Indianapolis by March 1
- Ann: Send Katie notes on flier and new member page by March 1
- Blake: Happy hour reservation by mid-March for promotional materials
- Ann & Katie: Revise new member page and create flier by mid-March
- Katie: Send messages for conference mentoring program by mid-March for ACRL annual conference