German Studies Web: Information Technology & Librarianship
This page attempts to provide a window on current German research in library and information science. In addition to listing some web sites, it also highlights current articles of interest to librarians.
Library and Information Science Terminology: Glossaries
- About 90,000 terms.
- Articles in broad subfields of Information Science.
- Classification and Thesaurus of terms in Information Science, along with auxiliary and related sciences.
Database for library science research.
- Bibliothek: Forschung und Praxis
One of the leading German library science journals (subscription required).
- B. I. T.: Bibliothek, Information und Technologie
- Informationsmittel für Bibliotheken
In-depth reviews of reference books in various subjects. For English abstracts of these reviews see: Reference Reviews Europe/IfB Abstracts.
- Zeitschrift für Bibliothekswesen und Bibliographie
The major German library science journal.
Selected Articles by WESS Members
- Library Journals and Academic Librarianship in Germany: A Sketch.
By Stephen Lehmann
- The Fall of the Bibliographic Wall: Libraries and Archives in Unified Germany.
By Sem C. Sutter
The German Studies Web is designed to provide access to scholarly resources in German Studies, including all German-speaking countries. The resources organized here have undergone a selection and evaluation process. If needed, annotations have been provided augmenting the research value of these resources to scholars.
The editor for the German Studies Web is Jo McInnis. We welcome contributors.
Comments and further suggestions may be sent to: jwesterd[at]odu.edu.
The German Studies Web is part of the Western European Studies Section Web of resources for Western European studies.
These web pages do not necessarily represent the views of the participatinglibraries nor of their sponsoring institutions.