International and Area Studies Workshop for Librarians
- On June 26, 2015, an International and Area Studies Workshop for Librarians was sponsored by SALALM, CRL and WESS as a pre conference before the American Library Association conference in San Francisco. Awareness of publishing and vendor facts and trends in the various countries combined with collecting and reference skills to form the heart of the workshop.
- Focus fell on three specific area studies, for which slides accompanied the presentation.
- Those slides are available for examination in the following links.
- The Latin American and Iberian Collections Workshop was presented by Anne Barnhart (University of West Georgia), Roberto Delgadillo (University of California, Davis) and Adán Griego (Stanford University).
- The French and Italian Collections Workshop was presented by Elizabeth Chenault (University of North Carolina), Claude Potts (University of California, Berkeley), Deb Raftus (University of Washington), and Sarah Sussman (Stanford University).
- The Germanic Collections Workshop was presented by Heidi Madden (Duke University), Brian Vetruba (Washington University in St. Louis), and Richard Hacken (Brigham Young University).
- Tags: Center for Research Libraries, Western European Studies Section, ACRL, Seminar for the Acquisition of Latin American Library Materials, ALA, American Library Association, preconference, pre-conference, Iberia.