French Universities, Libraries and Archives
- 1 Universities
- 2 Libraries, Archives, Catalogs, Digital Collections
- 3 Cataloging & Classification
- List of colleges and universities in France.
- Liste des universités en France.
- Liste des universités françaises - MESR (Ministère de l'enseignement supérieure et de la recherche).
- Includes a map and links to all of the universities in France, Guyana, Guadeloupe, Martinique, French Polynesia, Corsica, Mayotte, New Caledonia, Réunion, Wallis and Futuna, Saint-Pierre and Miquelon.
Libraries, Archives, Catalogs, Digital Collections
World / francophone countries
- Brings together digital documents from participating francophone countries around the world.
- A "cooperative digital library for resources from and about the Caribbean and circum-Caribbean. dLOC provides access to digitized versions of Caribbean cultural, historical and research materials currently held in archives, libraries, and private collections".
- Links to freely-accessible digital collections by world region and country.
- No longer updated but may be useful.
- Paintings, music, films and books from Europe's galleries, libraries, archives and museums. Links users to over 15 million digital items. It is also possible to search Europeana and the Digital Public Library of America (DPLA) simultaneously.
- Offers access to the resources of the national libraries of Europe. Resources can be both digital (books, posters, maps, sound recordings, videos, etc.) and bibliographic.
- BnF catalogue général
- Catalogue collectif de France. Searches the BnF catalogue général, municipal library catalogs and academic library catalogs (SUDOC).
- SUDOC, Système universitaire de documentation. Maintained by ABES, Agence bibliographique de l'enseignement supérieur. Searches academic library catalogs, including dissertations.
- Calames. Catalog of archives and manuscripts in academic libraries.
- Gallica bibliothèque numérique
- data.bnf.fr. Reference information about authors, works and topics.
- Combined catalog of Swiss academic libraries, the national library, and some others. Includes dissertations.
- Digitized rare books from Swiss libraries.
- The home page links to the catalog as well as to the various digital collection databases. See also the European Reading Room and its collection overviews by country. Another finding aid is French Resources at the Library of Congress.
- Descriptions of collections by country, topic and format. For example, France.
- Union catalog of U.S. library holdings and those of participating libraries in other countries. See also WorldCat Identities, which includes information about authors extracted from catalogs and authority files.
- Interactive map. The page also links to a list of library websites.
Cataloging & Classification
- Information about MARC, BIBFRAME and other initiatives of interest to librarians and archivists.
- Used by many European libraries.
- Used by most academic libraries in the U.S.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings (LCSH) search
- RAMEAU (Répertoire d'autorité-matière encyclopédique et alphabétique unifié)
- Subject terms used in French library catalogs.
- Authority file that aids in reconciling historical differences in names and places.
- Combined search of authority designations from different countries and languages.
- Another LOC authority search is here.
Created: June 28, 1995