Cataloging Discussion Group Agenda - 2017 Annual
- WESS Cataloging Discussion Group Meeting
- ALA Annual Conference 2017, Chicago, Illinois
- Saturday 24 June 2017
- 8:30-10:00 AM
- Hilton Chicago, Conference Room 4D (fourth floor)
- I. Welcome and introductions
- Including any brief announcements (open positions, special projects, etc.)
- II. SHARE-VDE Project and Casalini Libri’s steps towards the supply of BIBFRAME data
- Michele Casalini will describe the prototype SHARE Virtual Discovery Environment, a project that has three interrelated goals:
- 1. Experimenting with MARC records enriched with URIs through the reconciliation processes of varying forms of the same entity
- 2. Conversion into BIBFRAME 2.0 datasets
- 3. Publication on a three-layered portal following the BIBFRAME data model (person/work -- instances (publication) -- item levels)
- The roadmap to produce and distribute BIBFRAME data in conjunction with the supply of print and digital resources will also be addressed.
- III. Discussions and experience-sharing
- • Linked-data projects: in Europe, your library, etc.
- • Other discussion topics (as time permits)
- Please bring suggested topics and questions of interest to you!
- IV. Ideas for WESS Cataloging Discussion Group meeting at ALA Midwinter Conference 2018 in Denver
- Kathryn Kuntz (Rapid City Public Library), email@example.com
- Rebecca R. Malek-Wiley (Tulane University), firstname.lastname@example.org