Scandinavian Library Catalogs and Databases
- Det Kongelige Bibliotek/The Danish Royal Library - Online catalog, online databases and reference works; many pages are in Danish only. Subject searching in REX is primarily applicable to foreign books (subject searching in English is possible for English works). To search Danish titles effectively, search by subject code. See the Danish help documentation for details.
- Nationalbibliografi - National bibliography with a number of bibliographic indexes (and links to descriptions). Dania Polyglotta, a bibliography of literature on Denmark in languages other than Danish, ceased print publication with volume 29 (1997).
- University Library of Southern Denmark - Online catalog combining resources of Esbjerg, Kolding, Odense, Sønderborg and Flensborg. Library information and selected Internet resources in Danish with instructions in English.
- Roskilde University Library - Online catalog and databases, including DANDOK, a database of research in progress and published at Danish institutions, in English with a link to the Danish interface.
- Dansk Biblioteks Center- The Dansk Biblioteks Center provides information service to Danish libraries. With a link to English interface.
- Den Danske artikelbase - From Københavns Kommunes Biblioteker (Copenhagen public libraries), an index with some brief abstracts of articles in 750 Danish periodicals and 8 Danish national newspapers. Interface in Danish only.
- Bogens Verden: Tidsskrift for Dansk Biblioteksvæsen - From Danmarks Biblioteksforening (Danish Library Association). Articles from 1994 onwards.
- The National Library of Finland - Online catalog (HELKA) and databases, including Fennica, the National Bibliography of Finland. Also includes a list of archival collections in the library.
- Gateway to Finnish Research Libraries - A list of links to university libraries in Finland.
- Libraries.fi - Linking to other libraries in Finland.
- Eduskunnan kirjasto/Riksdagsbiblioteket/Library of Parliament - Mostly in Finnish. Some descriptions of specific collections in English.
- Arto - Database of approximately 10,000 Finnish journal articles (1995- ) with fee-based searching.
- Biblioteknett Norge - Official gateway to library resources in Norway, in Norwegian with some English descriptions.
- Nasjonalbiblioteket /National Library of Norway - Online catalog and information about the library and its projects, in English, with a link to the Norwegian.
- Bergen University Library - Links lead to Norwegian-language resources.
- Universitetsbibliotek i Oslo - University of Oslo Library, in English with a link to pages in Norwegian.
- Biblioteksentralen - Norwegian county, city, and research libraries with links to searchable catalogues. Norwegian interface only.
- BIBSYS - Searchable database for all national and university libraries in Norway, in Norwegian, with a link to an English information page.
- Libris - Union catalog that allows searching of more than three million titles in nearly 160 Swedish libraries.
- Libris: Artikeldatabasen - Contains approximately 50,000 references to Swedish articles in the humanities and social sciences, primarily to journal articles and reviews, but also to essays, chapters, and the like from yearbooks, monographs, and comprehensive works. Most articles have appeared since 1990, with inclusion of some older titles.
- GUNDA, Göteborgs Universitetsbibliotek - University Library of Gothenburg, also available in English.
- Brigham Young University
Research Guide: Scandinavian History & Politics
Research Guide: Scandinavian Languages & Literatures
- Cornell University Library
Fiske Icelandic Collection
Subject Bibliographies: Icelandic Studies
Selected Web Sites: Other Resources on Iceland
- New York Public Library - Humanities & Social Science Libraries
Research Guide: Modern European History
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Research Guide: History & Philosophy Library
Research Guide: Modern Languages & Linguistics Library
- University of Minnesota Libraries
Research Guide: Scandinavian Studies
Research Guide: Danish Language & Literature
Research Guide: Finnish Language & Literature
Return to Scandinavian Studies Web home page.
Return to WessWeb main page.
hacken @ byu.edu